7 Nutritious Foods that Aid in Body Detoxification
Toxins and excess fluids are among the worst enemies of the body because they result in illnesses, unhealthy weight, and lack of energy. The body has its natural detoxification system that removes extra toxins and fluids. You can enhance your body detoxification system by eating foods that help cleanse the body and enhance its power. Listed below are 7 detoxification foods that you should use in your day-to-day diet.
1. Garlic - For centuries, garlic has been known for its benefits. True enough, garlic does wonders for the body. It cleans the blood, boosts production of detox enzymes within the liver, and helps lower hypertension. You can take it raw or add it to any meal. Garlic supplements are also a great alternative for detoxification.
2. Green Tea - You can get your daily serving of anti-oxidants from green tea. Your systemdemands a good amount of antioxidants to be able to flush out toxins, and green tea does the job nicely. Green tea holds catechins, a special antioxidant that boosts the detox function of the liver. With regards to antioxidant you might also consider quinoa (French article) as a substitute if you want to diversify your sources.
3. Fruits - Because fruits have high water content, they are a great asset in washing out toxins from your body. Fresh, dried, or frozen, fruits carry other elements important for body detox such as vitamin C and antioxidants. For an efficient detox for your body, it is suggested that you eat fruits on their own not within a meal and before or after meals.
4. Green vegetables - Plants aren't the sole ones that need chlorophyll for survival. Humans as well need chlorophyll to eliminate toxins that come from environmental factors such as cleaning products, smog, chemicals, and heavy metals. Chlorophyll assists your liver detoxify your body. What better way to get chlorophyll than eating leafy green vegetables? Your body will certainly thank you for it.
5. Omega-3 Oils - These oils, which can be found in avocado, hemp, olive oil, and flax seeds, make the walls of the intestines lubricated. Such function enables the oil to soak up toxins and be removed from your body.
6. Ginger - This strong-flavored root crop improves sweating and blood flow, making it easier for your system to detoxify.
7. Mung Beans - Employed in Ayurveda healing system for several years, mung beans take in toxin deposits within the intestinal walls.